Produced on Stewart & Stevenson's Houston manufacturing flow line, Rail King is engineered to provide the Best Value in the industry. Available in several reliable, efficient and cost-effective models, Rail King provides maximum tractive effort up to 33,000 pounds for single-coupled versions, and up to 49,000 pounds for double-coupled versions.
Rail King features side-mount or full-width cabs with dual direction controls, both road wheels and rail wheels for quick, easy mobility on tracks and roadways, the patented cushion coupler system, and an enclosed, insulated cab with 360-degree visibility for operator safety and efficiency. All models feature a three-point Royalglide suspension system.
|Model||Weight (lbs.)||Tractive Effort (lbs., single coupled)||Cab Style||Engine (Cummins QSB)||Controls|
|RK290 G4||43,250||30,300||Side Mount||Tier 3 - 173 hp||Analog|
|RK290 G5||43,250||30,300||Side Mount||Tier 4i - 173 hp||Digital|
- Systems designed for ease of service, resulting in less downtime and reduced maintenance costs
- Many factory options available to fit any application, including remote control
- Both road wheels and rail wheels for quick and easy mobility on tracks and roadways
- Royalglide suspension system
- Exceptional performance - typically outperforms competitive models of same class size
- Insulated cabs with wide entry doors, more head and leg room, easy-to-use controls and 360-degree visibility
- More standard features on all new model Rail King rail car movers
- Patented cushioned coupler system, full floating frame and cab design that provides a smooth ride on rail
- Common Sense Engineering - maximum efficiency with safety and operator comfort